- For the Hollandaise:
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- For the Eggs:
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch mature spinach, well-washed and tough stems removed
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 large eggs, well-beaten
- 6 cauliflower crackers of choice
- Chopped fresh chives
- Fill a blender container with hot water and let sit for 5 minutes. Pour out hot water, dry well, then add egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt. Blend for a few seconds to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter until bubbling. With blender running on medium-high speed, add melted butter through hole in blender lid in a slow, steady stream. Hollandaise should be thick - if not, blend on high speed for 5 more seconds. Taste and add more salt if desired. To keep sauce warm, submerge bottom of blender container in hot tap water while you make the eggs.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add spinach and sauce until wilted. Stir in cream and 1/4 tsp salt and transfer spinach to a bowl.
- In same skillet over medium-low heat, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Beat remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper into eggs, then pour into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally with a silicone spatula, until softly scrambled. Take off heat and fold in spinach.
- To serve, spoon eggs onto cauliflower cracker, then pour a little hollandaise over each (if the hollandaise has thickened while sitting, whisk in a little warm water). Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
TOTAL FIBER : 22 GRAMS
This is Vegan and can be eaten for Breakfast or Lunch.