1. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: Kale is an incredibly effective anti-inflammatory food, potentially preventing and even reversing heart disease and a number of autoimmune diseases like arthritis, among others.
2. IRON: Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
3. CALCIUM: Kale contains more calcium per calorie than milk (90 grams per serving) and is also better absorbed by the body than dairy.
4. FIBER: One serving of kale not only contains 5% of the recommended daily intake of fiber, but it also provides 2 grams of protein.
5. OMEGA FATTY ACIDS: Healthy fats play an important role in our health, and a serving of kale contains 121 mg of omega-3 fatty acids and 92.4 mg of omega-6 fatty acids.
6. IMMUNITY: Kale is an incredibly rich source of immune-boosting carotenoid and flavanoid antioxidants, as well as vitamins A and C.
Sources: Huffington Post. (10/05/11). “Reasons Kale is the New Beef.”